Higher Protein Sausage & Egg Hashbrown CasseroleOct 27, 2021
Sausage & Egg Hashbrown Casserole. Dinner 🥘 last night & lunch today!
I wanted to make an egg casserole that was higher in protein while doing the Tighter Together Challenge. My husband and I are both doing a slight cut right now. I set his macros and used Madeline's macros that she sent for the challenge. However, while I didn't change the protein, I upped my carbs and fats by 100 calories. Sometimes it's hard to get in all of your daily protein to protect those muscles in a deficit! Therefore I came up with a higher protein recipe for my sausage and egg hash brown casserole.
I added Vital Farms whole eggs plus whites to up the protein. Only 1 14 ounce package of Simple Truth pork sausage, and one whole package of refrigerated hashbrowns. It also includes onions, roasted red peppers, spinach & seasonings. Layered everything into a baking dish and baked until the center was set!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 bag refrigerated Hashbrowns (Simply Potatoes)
- 6 egg, Organic Pasturized Eggs (I used Vital Farms)
- 200 gram, Yellow Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 jar Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
- 14 oz, Pork Sausage Traditional ( I used Simple Truth), COOKED
- 26 ounces, 100% liquid egg whites ( I used Simple Truth)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of oil for sautéing the veggies
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
2. Evenly spread the whole bag of hashbrowns on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
3. Chop the onions and peppers and sauté in oil in a fry pan until translucent.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk the 6 eggs and 26 ounces of egg whites. Add all of the seasonings and stir to combine.
5. Once the veggies are soft, evenly distribute over the potatoes.
6. Next, evenly distribute the spinach.
7. Evenly distribute the cooked sausage over the spinach.
8. Pour all of the egg mixture over the top.
9. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the middle is set.
Macros: 421 Calories. 14 Fat/23 Carb/43 Protein
Discover how to actually lose weight and keep it off while enjoying the foods you love in my 12 week 1:1 coaching course!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.