Burgers with Zucchini CakesOct 27, 2021
I have a burger loving house! We generally eat burgers without buns. But recently, I’ve been making zucchini pancakes (or zucchini cakes) and using them as “burger buns”. They are so good! Sometimes I add in carrots or sweet potatoes versus zucchini. Any of the afore mentioned veggies work great! We sometimes use them with chicken, or just as a side. We just love them! And they’re so simple to make. I have tweaked them a little from the original recipe. The original recipe is from Practical Paleo and the 21 Day Sugar Detox cookbook. You can look there, or via the link here for the original recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8 (Depending on the size “cake” you want.)
1-2 tablespoons of cooking fat.
1 large zucchini (1 ½ cups)
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp onion granules
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt plus another ½ teaspoon
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1. Grate zucchini into a bowl and pat dry with paper towels or you can use cheese cloth to squeeze out excess water. Sprinkle with the ½ teaspoon of salt.
2. In a large bowl whisk the eggs, seasonings including the Nutritional Yeast.
3. Next, add in and the coconut flour and stir well.
4. Add the zucchini and combine to make a mixture.
5. Heat the cooking fat in a large skillet.
6. I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to spoon the mixture into the pan once the oil is hot.
7. Let the zucchini cakes brown on one side and then flip to the other, just like a pancake.
8. Let cool, and ENJOY!
Use them as burger buns, for chicken or deli sandwiches, etc.
Discover how to actually lose weight and keep it off while enjoying the foods you love in my 8 week 1:1 coaching course!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.