Hamburger Soup with Homemade CrackersOct 27, 2021
I love hamburgers! I've made a few recipes recently based off of hamburgers. I've made hamburger casserole and little hamburger meatloafs. We have ground sirloin at least once a week. Such a versatile meat. This weekend I made hamburger soup. I wanted a warm and hearty soup for a weekend up on the mountain! so instead of mustard, pickles, and ketchup, like in my usual hamburger recipes...I added veggies! Carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, etc. Follow along and see how it came together!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
2.5 pounds ground sirloin
5 large carrots, sliced (I had thick slices)
4 stalks of celery, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
6 cloves garlic, finely diced
20 ounces potatoes (I used petite golden potatoes)
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 14.5 ounce can tomato sauce
4 cups chicken or beef bone broth (I use Pacific brand)
1 teaspoon salt (divided)
1/2 teaspoon pepper (divided)
1 teaspoon oregano
*crumbled bacon or bacon bits for topping (optional)
1. Brown ground beef in a large stock pot over medium heat, adding in 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
2. Meanwhile slice and dice the carrots, celery, onion, red pepper, potatoes, and garlic.
3. Once meat is cooked through, remove to a large bowl.
4. In the same stock pot add all of the veggies, EXCEPT the fresh garlic, and suatee until soft.
5. Stir the tomato paste into the partially cooked veggies making sure the paste is evenly distributed.
6. Add the meat back into the pot and stir.
7. Add in the fresh garlic and stir.
8. Pour in the tomatoes and sauce, stir to combine.
9. Next add in the rest of the salt and pepper, and the oregano and stir until all is combined.
10. Lastly, add in the bone broth and stir to combine everything.
11. Cover and let simmer for at least an hour.
12. Optional: Top with bacon or bits, and ENJOY!
Discover how to actually lose weight and keep it off while enjoying the foods you love in my 12 week 1:1 coaching course!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.