Kristi's Enchilada SauceOct 27, 2021
Homemade enchiladas have become one of our favorite go-to dishes as of late. This sauce has been tweaked a few times, and I have come to love this version. It is so simple and easy to throw together. While the sauce is simmering you can prepare your protein! I used this sauce to top my enchilada bake. It is very versatile and can be used on a variety of dishes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 tablespoon butter or ghee
1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
4 tablespoons tomato paste
½ one small yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
½ tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup chicken broth to thin, if needed
1. Melt butter or ghee in a medium sized saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add garlic and stir for one minute.
4. Stir the tomato paste into the onions and garlic. Stir until well combined.
5. Add the tomato sauce.
6. Add all seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and chili powder and stir well.
7. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
8. If sauce is too thick, then use the chicken broth to thin it out to your liking!
Discover how to actually lose weight and keep it off while enjoying the foods you love in my 12 week 1:1 coaching course!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.