Pepperoni Pizza Egg CupsOct 27, 2021
You're in for a surprise with these egg cups! Who knew pepperoni and eggs could taste so good. I first tried the combination in a frittata and fell in love. The first time I made them into muffin cups I used ham chunks, but not pizza sauce. Today I made them and added the pizza sauce because I had 1/2 of a jar leftover from a pizza I made for the kids the other night. Who knew it would blossom into a tasty creation. I used pepperoni to line a 6 large cup muffin pan, basically making a crust. Then I added shredded mozzarella cheese, the egg mixture, a dollop of pizza sauce and topped with fresh scallions. Finally, into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. I store these muffins in the fridge in an air tight container for up to four days. My husband uses them as a "grab and go" breakfast. My son loves them for lunch, like me. They're a great "make ahead" dish!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 40-45 minutes
30 sandwich sized, deli sliced, thin pepperoni slices
10 eggs (I used Vital Farms)
6 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese
6 teaspoons of pizza sauce (I used RAO's)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
scallions to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Grease a 6 cup large muffin tin.
3. Start by placing one slice of pepperoni into the bottom of each muffin well. Then take four slices per cup and fill in the sides. Yielding 5 slices of pepperoni in each cup!
4. In a bowl, mix the eggs, salt and pepper, and oregano.
5. Add one tablespoon of the shredded mozzarella cheese to each muffin cup.
6. Evenly distribute the egg mixture among the 6 cups.
7. Drop one teaspoon of pizza sauce into each cup on top of the egg mixture. It may sink, and that's ok!
8. Garnish with scallions.
9. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until centers are set. Reminder, oven times and temps vary.
10. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and ENJOY!!
*you can omit the cheese for dairy free- I did! and they turned out great!
Discover how to actually lose weight and keep it off while enjoying the foods you love in my 12 week 1:1 coaching course!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.