Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Bacon and PecansDec 18, 2021
Do you love thick, creamy, warm and cozy soups during this time of year? If you do, then Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Bacon and Pecans is a winner for you! This soup is made with delicious butternut squash, a medley of carrots, onions, and celery. Chicken bone broth, a green apple and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. It also freezes well for easy lunches, snacks or dinners. Yet again, a win-win!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 large butternut squash cut into chunks
2 carrots cut into chunks
1 sweet yellow onion cut into chunks
3 stalks of celery cut into chunks
1 green apple, cut into chunks
2 slices cooked chopped bacon
24 ounces chicken bone broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
Chopped pecans and grated cheese for garnish once done
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease 2 sheet pans.
- Cut into chunks the butternut squash, carrots, yellow onion, celery and green apple. Then divide them between the 2 pans.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, making sure they don’t burn or get too brown.
- Meanwhile on the stovetop warm the chicken bone broth in a large pan.
- Once the veggies are finished roasting, add them to the broth in the pan.
- Bring all to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree all the ingredients into the pan.
- Once blended to liking, add the spices including the salt and pepper to taste. And blend a little more.
- Pour into bowl, and top with the chopped pecans and cooked chopped bacon, and cheese, if desired.
Discover how to actually lose weight and keep it off while enjoying the foods you love in my 12 week 1:1 coaching course!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.