Simple QuesadillaMar 11, 2022
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 quesadilla
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole-grain flour tortilla (about 8″ diameter) OR Gluten free
- ½ cup freshly grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 4-6 ounces cooked and shredded or chopped chicken of choice
- Shrimp or beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion or green onion
- thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ sliced avocado
- Any of the following, for serving: guacamole or strips of avocado, pico, salsa,sour cream, hot sauce, chopped fresh herbs
- Add butter or oil to a skillet on medium heat.
- Add tortilla for about 30 seconds, flipping halfway. Flip once more, then sprinkle one-half of the tortilla with about half of the cheese. Cover the cheese evenly with fillings of choice.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the fillings, and fold over the empty side of the tortilla to enclose the fillings.
- Let the quesadilla cook until golden and crispy on the bottom, about 1 to 2 minutes, reducing the heat if necessary to prevent burning the tortilla.
- Immediately remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board. Let it cool for a minute to give the cheese time to set, then use a pizza cutter or knife to slice it into 4 pieces. Serve promptly, with any sauces or garnishes that you’d like.
Discover how to actually lose weight and keep it off while enjoying the foods you love in my 12 week 1:1 coaching course!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.